Somy Ali denies rekindled romance with Salman

Bollywood News And Celebrity Gossip


Somy Ali denies rekindled romance with Salman

For Salman Khan, love continues to be elusive. And for the record, his former love Somy Ali hasn’t “made a comeback” into the star’s life as was recently reported by a tabloid. Reports suggested that Salman Khan is giving his old love a second chance since he is fed up of his now-on, now-off relationship with Katrina Kaif.

A surprised Somy says, “There’s no chance of us getting back together. If we had to reunite, we would have gotten married by now. What would we be waiting for? I don’t know where such talks came from.
Salman Khan is caught up with his career in India while I am happily busy in the US.”

Somy, however, confirmed she recently met
Salman Khan in Bangkok. “Of course, I met him. He was shooting for Ready and I was in the city for a conference on women’s rights. I went to meet him since I hadn’t seen him since 2006. I’ve know him since I was 16 years old, so it would’ve been weird not to meet him. Later, we went to malls for shopping twice. Don’t forget, we have always been good friends,” says the 35-year-old.

Somy, who went around with
Salman Khan in the ’90s, adds that their meeting was nothing but a co-incidence. “In fact, I don’t have the money to fly somewhere just to meet someone. The entire episode was blown out of proportion,” says Somy, who runs a Florida-based non-profit-organisation No More Tears (NMT), partially funded by her clothing line So-Me Designs.

She adds that her staff from NMT was with her in Bangkok. “Also, the entire unit of Ready was around. Both of us are mature now. The news was yellow journalism at its best,” she says, adding that
Salman Khan is supportive of her charitable deeds and is proud of her. “We have saved 86 women since 2007. That’s a lot of lives. In fact, I have taken up two new cases this morning.”

Coming back to
Salman Khan, Somy feels she has grown up in front of him because she was 16 when she entered Bollywood. “He knows me very well,” she says, adding, “We generally speak to each other about work, but not on a regular basis because we are busy with work.”

Somy admits that her break-up with
Salman Khan around 2000 was “a difficult period.” “You are living your life at 24, thinking about getting married, having kids and settling down and suddenly you find yourself on a flight, going back to the US. It surely affected me psychologically. Education became my escape route. I completed three-four degrees in about four years. It took my mind away from our break-up,” she says.

Ask her if she would like
Salman Khann to marry and she smiles: “It’s not my place to answer that. It’s his life and his decision. I believe in the quote: Marriage is an institution one can’t wait to get in and once in, one can’t wait to get out.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment